Tech786: The central government banned 43 mobile apps on Tuesday. The Center has imposed this ban under the Information Technology Act 69A. The Center said that these apps are involved in such activities, which threaten the unity, integrity, security of the country.
Out Of the 43 apps banned, 14 include dating, 8 gaming apps, 6 business and finance, and an entertainment app.
Snack video action on another popular app after Tik-Tok
The central government, which has banned Chinese app TikTok, has now banned popular chat app Snack Video. It is a Singapore based Chinese software company. It has more than 100 million users. This became the biggest option for users after TicketTalk was banned and within 5 months, around 50 million users have increased. Most users are in India.
Center took action against apps 4 times
First Strike– On 29 June, 59 Chinese apps were banned. The apps were described as a threat to national security. This decision was taken after the Galvan clash.
Second Strike– On 27 July, 47 apps were banned. The government took this step when tensions were rising in Ladakh and Chinese troops tried to infiltrate twice.
Third Strike– On 2 September, the government banned 118 apps including PUBG. PubG has been downloaded by over 175 million people.
Fourth Strike– 43 mobile apps were banned on 24 November. The decision has been taken based on the report sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Indian Cybercrime Co-ordination Center.
List of These 43 apps were banned
1. Ali Suppliers
2. Ali Baba Workbench
3. Ali Express – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
4. Alipay Cashier
5. Lalamov India – Delivery App
6. Drive with Lalamov India
7. Snack Video
8. Camcard – Business Card Reader
9. Cam Card – BCR (Western)
10. Soul – Follow the Soul to Find You
11. Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
12. Date in Asia – Dating and Chat for Asian Singles
13. V Date – Dating App
14. Free Dating App – Single, Start Your Date
15. Adore App
16. Truly Chinese – Dating App
17. Truly Asian – Dating App
18. China Love – Dating App for Chinese Singles
19. Date My Age- Chat, Meet, Date
20. Asian date
21. Flirt Wish
22. Guys only
24. We Work China
25. First Love Live – Super Hot Live Beauties Live Online
26. Rella – Lesbian Social Network
27. Cashier Wallet
28. Mango TV
29. MG TV – Human TV Official TV App
30. TV – TV version
31. Drama and More of V TV – Sea Drama
32. V TV Lite
33. Lucky Live – Live Video Streaming App
34. Iowa Live
35. Ding Talk
36. Identity V
37. Iceland 2: Ashes of Time
38. Boxstar (Early Access)
39. Heroes Evolved
40. Happy Fish
41. Jellipop Match: Decorate Your Dream Iceland
42. Munchkin Match: Magic Home Building
267 apps banned in 148 days
The Galvan clash took place on 15 June. To give a strong message to China and pressurize it, the government banned Chinese apps for the first time. After this, 267 apps have been banned within 148 days and most of these apps are Chinese.
Trump also banned Chinese apps, but Biden did not explain the situation
On September 18, the Trump administration in the US banned Chinese apps such as WeChat and TicketLock. The ban was to be implemented from September 20 and the apps were to be shut down completely on November 12, but the matter remained moot in the courts. The Trump administration was also trying in October to have the ban implemented. However, now after the election President Elect Joe Biden has not clarified his position on the issue. Because of this, this ban is not currently effective.