WhatsApp web is a very popular instant messaging service, but people have a lot of tabs when they change their phones. Although the process of transferring Whats Chat from the old phone to the new phone is easy, but it can be difficult to transfer WhatsApp chat data by a slight mistake during this time. Let’s know how to do a chat transfer.
WhatsApp web Chat Backup:
If you backup WhatsApp web Chat on Google Drive or iCloud, it will be easier for you to transfer the new phone WhatsApp Chat from your phone. Also, if you are transferring data from the old Android phone to the new Android phone, then it has to be kept in mind that the old and new phones should have a Google Drive account.
Actually, this will make it easier to sync the data of the old phone to the new phone i.e. during WhatsApp web set up on the new phone you have to use the correct Goggle account which you used on the old Android phone. If transferring data via WiFi, this process will become much easier.
1. To backup WiFi data in an old phone, first open WhatsApp. After clicking on the 3 toothed menu that appears on the top right lion, go to Settings.
2. In ‘Settings’, you have to select the ‘Chat’ option. After tapping on it, you will have to click on the ‘Chat Backup’ option, then tap and link the Google account on which you want to save the backup data.
3. You can also choose whether to backup videos on WhatsApp or not, after that press the backup button. Now the local backup will be started from the Google account you linked to.
Restore to new: To transfer WhatsApp web data of old phone to the new phone, first download WhatsApp in the new phone. Then open it. Verify your phone number after entering it. Then press on Next.
*Related, Amazon Freedom Sale 2020: Getting great deals and offers on many other products with smartphones
4. If you want to download and install WhatsApp data, now you will see this option. But you have to take care that, with the same Google account that had logged in with your old phone, you have to do the same with the new phone. After this, WhatsApp chat will start downloading.
5. After downloading all the chats, you will now see it in the WhatsApp web. By the way, restoring all media files takes some time. In the same way, you can restore WhatsApp data from old iPhone to new iPhone via iCloud.
Manual Way (Android)
If good, you can transfer WhatsApp chat from old phone to new phone in a manual way, this method is better for those who do not want to save chat history online.
1. For this, your smartphone has to be connected to a PC or laptop via USB cable. After this, you have to go to the WhatsApp web database, which will be found in the internal memory of the device.
2. After this, you have to do the backup file, which you will only see according to the data, this file will look like this to you – When you vote for the file, then copy it to your PC or laptop. If you are backing up for Chat History Automatic on WhatsApp web, you will not see the compliment of the set back up.
3. Then while installing WhatsApp web in a new phone, you have to keep in mind that you do not have to open the app yet. First, you have to paste the WhatsApp backup file from the PC to the database folder of the new phone. If you cannot find the folder of the database. To create and add and paste the backup file in it.
4. When you open the WhatsApp web in a new device, the app will show you notifications related to the backup file. After this, you have to tap on the option of restore. After the restore process is complete, WhatsApp chat history will be visible to you.