- Xiaomi, Reality, Vivo and Oppo reserve their place in the top-5 throughout the year
- Till 2016, people were involved in buying smartphones, now the company became active again
Tech786: This year has been like a nightmare for most of the industries in the country due to the Kovid-19 epidemic. The year has also been full of ups and downs for the smartphone market. This year the opposition of Chinese companies has also had an impact on the smartphone industry. However, the figures for the last two months are going to give some relief. Hopefully everything will come back on track by the end of the year.
Chinese companies are also dominating the country amid rumors of Coronavirus coming from China and Chinese troops killing our soldiers at the border. Companies like Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo kept their place in the top-5 for the whole year. Meanwhile, Samsung definitely benefited a bit.
Talking about the percentage of smartphone shipment market share in India, it is found that the graph of Xiaomi has increased continuously compared to 2019. The company’s share was 29% in the first quarter of 2019, which increased to 30% in the first quarter of 2020. Similarly, in the second quarter too, the company’s stock rose by 1%. However, there was a 3% drop in the third quarter.
Similarly, the smartphone shipment market share of Vivo, Oppo and Realme has also seen an increase in the first and second quarters of 2020 as compared to the first and second quarters of 2019. These figures have definitely slipped in the third quarter. However, Oppo’s market share increased by 2%. Samsung’s figures were worse in the first quarter of 2020 than in 2019, they got better in the second and third quarters of this year.
Note: As of 2016, Micromax and Lenovo dominated the Indian smartphone shipment market. After 2017, he was replaced by Reality. However, Micromax once made a comeback with the (in) series. The 2020 figures are for the first three quarters only.
Benefit of festive season
- India’s smartphone market has got a big advantage of the festive season. Online retailers have recorded a booming growth, especially due to Covid.
- Shares of online retailers reached an all-time high with growth of 48% during this period. It grew by 24% on a year-on-year basis. Customers also get other discounts along with online bank offers.
- Offline channels reported a medium growth of 11% after the first half of the year. There was a severe shortage of supply in offline channels from the new launch.
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) launched low-cost smartphones. They launched more phones with quad-cameras, high megapixel counts (48 MP and more), more storage (64 GB and more), larger batteries (5000mAh).
Source: Dainik Bhaskar