Recently US President Donald Trump estimated on Friday that an agreement could be reached “quickly” on the Chinese-owned video application TikTok and WeChat to allay security concerns expressed by his administration that led to the platform’s ban.
“I think that could come out quickly. There are big companies talking to us about it,” Trump said, hours after his government ordered a ban on TikTok downloads starting Sunday and declared that the app would be completely banned. November if safety concerns were not addressed.
TikTok And WeChat –
This information was communicated yesterday Friday, through a press release from the White House, where it was stated that: “The Commerce Department prohibits WeChat and TikTok transactions to protect the national security of the United States,” the note says. press. It is a response to the executive order of August 6 “to combat the malicious collection of personal data of US citizens by China.”
“While the threats posed by WeChat and TikTok are not identical, they are similar. Each collects a large amount of user data, including network activity, location data, and search and browsing histories,” they noted.
Along with banning both Apps and their updates, “any provision of services through the WeChat mobile application for the purpose of transferring funds or processing payments within the US” is also blocked as of Sunday I.e 20 September 2020.
What is the TikTok app?
1. TikTok is a video-sharing app.
2. The user uses this app to create funny videos. You can also post videos made through this app.
3. On a video-sharing app, TikTok works for 1 minute of video created by the user.
4. In this app, the user also gets a song to make a video.
5. This app collects user data – in which people watch and comment on videos, location data, phone models, and even how people type. But most of this data collection is similar to other social networks like Facebook.
6. In September the TikTok company stated that it had more than 100 million users.
7. TikTok is believed to have over 800 million members worldwide.
What is the WeChat app?
1. WeChat was founded in 2011. It is a multi-purpose app that is quite helpful in sending messages to users, making mobile payments, and using local services.
2. This app is known as an “app for everything” in China. Let us tell you that this Chines app has more than one billion monthly users.
3. WeChat app is like Chinese social media platforms. This app has been declared illegal by the USA government.
4. In March, a report stated that WeChat had been censoring keywords about the coronavirus outbreak since early January 1.
5. USA government feels that the WeChat app is leaking the personal data of people.
Last Updated on September 20, 2020 by admin